It’s event time. Some planners have a special bag, to carry and organize everything they need during the event. Here’s what my bag usually contains:
- Chargers. For everything- my phone, my computer, my iPad.
- Clipboard and pens. I know lots of people have gone completely digital, but I still have some paper spreadsheets, and I like to jot notes to myself.
- Phone, computer, iPad. Depending on the event I may not bring my computer, but I can’t tell you how many times I’ve needed to quickly type something up, and it would have taken me a long time on my phone or iPad.
- Print Out of Important Contact Info. I save a lot of time trying to remember names and scrolling by typing/writing up a list of the top 10 numbers I’ll use during the event and printing it off.
- The Event Schedule and maps.
- My ID and cash. Most places take credit cards now, but you’d be surprised how many times I’ve heard “cash only”.
- Snacks and water. Granola bars, little bags of nuts, chewing gum.
- Business cards. These are great for networking purposes, but I usually hand them out to key players who I want to be able to contact me with problems or questions.
- Aspirin, Tylenol, band aids. Not an entire medical kit, just a few things I like to have on hand for myself.
- Wet wipes, facial towels, deodorant. About 4 pm I often start to feel really grimy. It’s nice to be able to wipe off my hands and face and freshen up for the final stretch of the day.
- Flats. At eight pm when I still have one or two hours to go, it’s nice to be able to switch from heels to flat shoes.
What do you keep in your on-site meeting bag?