Ridgecrest’s Policies & Guidelines for Visiting Our Facility
Check-in and Check-out
Guest rooms are generally available for check-in at 4:00 p.m. If your room is ready any time after 12:00 p.m., you may check-in sooner. Our check-out time is no later than 10:00 a.m. the day you are leaving. If your balance is paid in full, you may leave the keys in your room. Ridgecrest does not offer complimentary late check-out.
Ridgecrest’s accommodations support a purpose greater than simply a place to sleep. Our desire is to point guests toward a closer relationship with Jesus Christ. For this reason, Ridgecrest does not have televisions in the guest rooms. However, televisions are available in select fellowship areas throughout the campus.
Ridgecrest accepts cash, ministry/church checks, all major credit cards, and ACH payments for groups. All charges are due and payable before leaving the conference center.
Preservation of Religious Voice and Rights
Ridgecrest Conference Center is a facility owned and operated by the Ridgecrest Foundation. In addition to the above standards designed chiefly to protect the peace and enjoyment of all our guests, Ridgecrest also imposes religious standards based on the religious faith, purpose, and mission of the Ridgecrest Foundation found here. Enforcing these religious standards helps to ensure that no activities or views expressed by or through groups using these facilities interfere with the ability of Ridgecrest to speak with one religious voice and promote one religious message. Accordingly, users or guests of Ridgecrest must not engage in activities or publicly declare views contrary to these religious standards as determined by Ridgecrest Foundation while using the facility.
On-Site Photographs and Video Footage
Photo Release: We regularly take photos and shoot film and video on the campus to gather materials for promotional and production purposes. Accordingly, during your stay, you and any of your attendees may be photographed, filmed or videoed while participating in any of the campus events or enjoying any of the campus features. Therefore, every guest of Ridgecrest, by visiting the campus, acknowledges and agrees that these photos and videos may be taken and used in Ridgecrest’s products and promotional materials. Please notify your attendees of this agreement.
Selected meal plans are locked in 2 weeks before the start of your event. Guests who chose no meal plan at the time of booking have the option, based on availability, to purchase meals at our a-la-carte rates. Unfortunately, we cannot offer refunds for missed meals.
Emergency Response and Health
Ridgecrest does not employ medical professionals, nor do we stock medical supplies or equipment. We will assist with first aid and public emergency services. Due to food safety concerns regarding contamination and the prevalence of food allergies, we do not allow guests to bring in any food or beverages not purchased from Ridgecrest unless approved in writing by a Ridgecrest Group Coordinator. Event Sponsor will be charged a $250 fee for any violation of this policy for each conference room where food is served, in addition to any other fees that would normally apply.
Maintenance and Repairs
You agree to provide prompt notice to us of any damage to Ridgecrest Property, including any damage to buildings or other permanent structures, furniture, fixtures, or equipment, whether or not caused by you or an attendee. Our agents and employees shall have the right to enter all or any portion of the Ridgecrest Property (whether or not reserved for your Event) at all times to fill work orders or to perform routine maintenance, inspections, and repairs, or to address other housekeeping or safety and security concerns. We will work to avoid any interference with your Event to the extent reasonably possible.
All furniture, fixtures, and equipment in, on, or used in connection with or appurtenant to the Ridgecrest Property shall remain on the Ridgecrest Property or their installed locations, shall at all times remain the property of Ridgecrest, and shall only be used for their intended purposes. You and your attendees agree to maintain the Ridgecrest Property clean and clutter-free. Event Sponsor shall be responsible for any damage, defacement, or unreasonable wear or tear caused to the Ridgecrest Property and/or any damage to buildings, permanent structures, fixtures, furniture, or equipment, including any costs incurred by Ridgecrest to clean or repair such items. You and your attendees shall properly dispose of all garbage and refuse and use reasonable good-faith effort to leave the Ridgecrest Property in as good as condition as existed at the commencement of occupancy, subject to ordinary wear and tear. The Group shall be responsible for, and pay to Ridgecrest within ten (10) days following receipt of any invoice for, any and all expenses, costs, or damages (including, but not limited to, payment of cleaning fees, the cost of removal and disposal of any property, refuse, or waste remaining on the Ridgecrest Property) incurred by Ridgecrest due excessive damage or repairs arising due to your Event. At a minimum excessive cleaning, fees are established at $500.00 per auditorium and $250.00 per breakout space (plus our standard 20% service charge).
Ridgecrest is a Christian conference center. You agree that you and each of your attendees will abide by a high standard of moral and ethical behavior while on or using Ridgecrest Property. Personal conduct or conversations while on Ridgecrest Property will not contradict or compromise biblical principles. Clothing or objects that display advertisements for alcohol, tobacco products, drugs, vulgar or obscene language or art, and objectionable language is prohibited. Carrying or maintaining firearms or other dangerous weapons on Ridgecrest Property is prohibited.
Additionally, in keeping with our mission, the following standards help assure the comfort of our guests:
- Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, and fireworks are not permitted.
- The use of tobacco and tobacco related products is prohibited. A $250 cleaning fee will be incurred per incident if this standard is violated.
- Bicycles, Unicycles, Hoverboards and Skateboards are not permitted on campus.
- Burning of incense or candles is prohibited. Exceptions may be made for corporate worship with prior approval from your Event Coordinator.
- Immodest clothing, distasteful or offensive monograms/designs, bare feet in public areas or any extreme style of dress is prohibited.
- Cooking appliances including but not limited to crock-pots, hot plates and toaster ovens may not be brought onto Ridgecrest’s campus due to food safety and fire safety concerns. Guests violating this policy are subject to a $250.00 fee.
- Pets are not permitted in any Ridgecrest facility. However, service animals as defined by ADA (“Americans with Disability Act”) regulations are permitted. ADA regulations define a service animal as “any dog that is individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability, including physical, sensory, psychiatric, intellectual or other mental disability.” Per the U. S. Department of Justice, “The crime deterrent effects of an animal’s presence and the provision of emotional support, well-being, comfort or companionship do not constitute work or tasks for the purposes of this definition.” Such animals are not service animals and are therefore not permitted in any Ridgecrest facility.
- As a courtesy to all guests, please observe noise curfew from 11:30 PM to 6:30 AM.
Ridgecrest Campus Access
Ridgecrest Conference Center and Camps will not allow members of the general public (e.g., non-guests) to utilize Ridgecrest property.
If you are in one of the categories below and would like to visit the campus when you’re in the area.
- I once worked at Ridgecrest (former summer staffers).
- I’m interested in holding an event at Ridgecrest.
- I have a friend or family member staying at Ridgecrest.
- I’ve heard about Ridgecrest and always wanted to see it.
- We’d love you to visit! If interested in doing so, please follow these guidelines:
The best initial step is to contact Ridgecrest ahead of time (ideally, at least a week prior). We prefer email (reservations@ridgecrestNC.com), but you can also call our reservations office at (800) 588.7222. Please include visitor name(s), desired date and approximate time of visit, as well as any additional helpful information (“I’d like to visit Jane Doe, who will be attending the ‘The Cross of Grace event”). We’ll reply to confirm whether it’s ok to visit that date/time. (NOTE: The security requirements of some events prevent non-guests from being on campus.) We’ll then provide your information to safety personnel at our gatehouse so they will expect your arrival.
If you drop in without contacting us beforehand, please understand you might not be able to access campus at that time. We don’t want you to be surprised or disappointed, so please contact us ahead of time following the guidelines above.