I read a great article this week on what our ministries can learn from Disney. Here are some points that I thought we’re particularly interesting. Walt Disney lived to bring joy to others-but he was also an incredibly driven, principled, precise and visionary leader. Look at how his principles can impact leaders, dreamers and ministers.
Work diligently. Bring out the best in others.
· Do you have a go-the-extra-mile attitude?
· Do you help people discover their gifts and use them?
· Do you make the people around you better?
· Who are you mentoring right now?
Maintain a commitment to excellence.
· What qualifies as “excellent” in your ministry? What doesn’t?
· Are you content with “good enough”?
· Do people associate excellence with your ministry?
Create a place families can experience together.
· Does your ministry provide experiences families can enjoy together?
· How do you equip parents to explore faith with their children outside church walls?
· How can you make your church a more welcoming environment for families with children?
Remember that ministry is all about the people.
· Do first-time guests have a great experience?
· Do people at your church feel loved and cared for?
· Do you put people before rules?
Remember that it’s not just about brainpower.
· Do you depend on God’s strength or your own?
· Are you working where God gifted you?
· Do you make yourself available to God?
Make people smile.
· Do people enter your doors with a spirit of anticipation?
· Do people smile and have fun?
· Do people say your services or programs are boring?