I know our team has been in touch with many of you over the past month, but I wanted to personally reach out with a couple of updates.
First, you may be aware that LifeWay Christian Resources, Ridgecrest’s current owner, has announced plans to explore transferring the conference center to another owner. I’m sure you are wondering what this means for your upcoming events, so here’s some additional context:
- LifeWay’s announcement does not include closing Ridgecrest.
- No potential buyer has been identified and no deal is in place. We are near the beginning of what is anticipated to be a lengthy process.
- LifeWay’s leadership has expressed a strong desire to ensure Ridgecrest’s long-term ministry future by finding an owner who will continue ongoing investments enabling the conference center to maintain its high standards of hospitality and service.
- LifeWay Christian Resources plans to continue hosting future events at Ridgecrest.
- Our current pause in hosting events and guests is related to COVID-19, not a potential transfer to a new owner. Presently this pause is in place through the end of May, and we’ll adjust that date as appropriate based on guidance from our government and medical authorities.
COVID-19 has forced individuals and organizations around the world to consider adjustments that might be needed moving forward. For example, we know that conferences and events will look different coming out of COVID-19, both in the short and possibly long terms, so we’re preparing plans that will enable us to host guests and events safely and effectively in that new normal. It’s added an entirely new dimension to our purposeful hospitality focus in many areas: cleaning and sanitizing protocols, food service, event streaming capabilities, meeting room capacities and setups, physical distancing strategies, check-in processes, and more. We’ll be ready for you and your attendees when restrictions are eased.
We’re also praying for you. In fact, if there is something our sales team can be praying for specifically, please visit our blog and submit that prayer request. It’s always an honor and blessing for us to serve you with prayerful support, and especially now.
And, we miss you! We are eager for the day we can again host and serve you and your attendees with excellence and grace.
In these unprecedented circumstances, we remain strongly committed to our mission of cultivating experiences, nurturing relationships, and impacting lives for God’s glory. We miss you, we’re praying for you, we’re preparing for you, we’ll be ready for you, and we look forward to seeing you soon. May God keep you healthy, safe, and focused on Him.