The keynote and breakout speakers you choose for your event should inspire, educate, and encourage your attendees. Finding the right conference speakers can be daunting, but several strategies can help you identify and select the best candidates. Here are some tips to help you find conference speakers for your next event:
- Use your network: Reach out to your professional network and ask for recommendations. Ask for referrals from colleagues or industry experts. Consider asking your connections from church, alma mater, or other organizations for their recommendations.
- Research other events: Attend other conferences in your industry and take note of the speakers who stand out. Are you short on time? Instead of attending the events, consider visiting conference websites to view speaker lineups.
- Review speaker databases: There are several online speaker databases that you can use to find potential speakers. These websites allow you to search by topic, industry, and other criteria to help you identify the perfect speakers for your conference.
- Check industry publications: Consider reading blogs and industry publications for thought leaders in your field that may be a good fit for your event.
- Use social media: Social platforms are great avenues to search for potential speakers and engage with them. Use LinkedIn to locate and research industry experts, academics, authors, and thought leaders. YouTube is another platform that you can use to find speakers and hear samples of their lectures, sermons, or presentations.
- Industry associations: Investigate local and national industry associations related to your event and reach out to their members for potential speakers.
Remember to do your research upfront to ensure that the speakers you choose align with your event’s purpose and audience. No matter what type of conference you are planning, we hope these tips will be helpful as you search for the perfect lineup of speakers.