- I will prayerfully invite God into my planning process.
- I will pray for those attending my event.
- I will care for myself physically, getting 7-8 hours of sleep, exercising, and eating healthy food regularly.
- I will soak my mind in God’s Word daily.
- I will “speak the truth in love” (Eph. 4:15) to my clients, more committed to truth than pleasing others.
- I will not overcommit myself or those that work for me.
- I will find peers that can encourage and support me.
- I will use electronic tools (smart phone,laptop) but will limit their use to an effective, not obsessive amount of time.
What struck you as you read these eight resolutions? Was there an area that particularly appealed to or challenged you? This list isn’t meant to make you feel pressured or guilty, but to inspire you to invite our living God into your daily rhythms of life.
One prayer that I pray often is: “Holy God, as I begin this day I put it into your Hands. Guide me to see with Your eyes, speak with Your love, and move toward those in need. I have an idea of what I need to accomplish today, but in Your infinite knowledge and wisdom guide my actions. Help me prioritize my time and give me peace with what goes undone. To You be the glory. Amen.”
“This is what we are about: we plant the seeds that will one day grow. We water seeds already planted, knowing that they hold promise. We lay foundations that will need further development. We provide yeast that produces effects far beyond our capabilities. We cannot do everything, and there is a sense of liberation in realizing that. This enables us to do something, and do it well. It may be incomplete, but it is a beginning, a step along the way, an opportunity for the Lord’s grace to enter and do the rest.” (Emphasis added. Common Prayer Pocket Edition, 2012)
Are you resolving anything this year that will affect your event planning? Is there a prayer that you pray often or daily that helps you focus on God in the midst of your everyday?