Welcome Back to Ridgecrest
We're Glad You're Here
Stay safe when you stay with us
COVID-19 has impacted all of our lives. At Ridgecrest, the health and safety of our guests and team members is a top priority. Our staff are continually reviewing applicable safety guidelines, and have updated Ridgecrest’s processes and procedures to ensure excellence while minimizing risk. In doing so, we are following guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the State of North Carolina and the Buncombe County Department of Health and Human Services, including the 3-W’s:
- Wear a cloth face covering if you will be with other people. (Bring this with you to Ridgecrest, out of consideration for others, masks are required for all individuals 11 years old and older inside and outside.) “Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.” Philippians 2:4
- Wait 6 feet apart. Avoid close contact.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
- Whenever possible, maintain social distancing (at least 6′) from other individuals not in your family.
- Wear a mask covering your nose and mouth while inside unless actively eating or speaking to a group.
- Be respectful and intentional about protecting your own health and that of others.
- Individuals under 18 years old should remain in the proximity of and under the monitoring of their parents.
- Comply with team member instructions and requests related to the expectations above.
These guidelines are based on input from government authorities, guidance from a consensus of medical authorities, and our intention to provide excellent service while minimizing risk to our guests and team members. Individuals who are unwilling to comply with these expectations are subject to being required to leave our campus. As a reminder, Ridgecrest Conference Center is privately-owned and has the right to establish expectations and guidelines for individuals onsite.
- All team members will be subject to a daily temperature screening upon arrival. Any team member who exhibits symptoms of COVID-19 or has a temperature over 100 degrees Fahrenheit will be asked to return home immediately and will not be allowed to work until their condition can be further evaluated.
- Team Members who are directly engaging with guests and other team members in close proximity are required to wear a face covering.
- Team common areas (e.g., breakrooms) will be frequently cleaned and sanitized.
- All team members are given instruction regarding the CDC guidelines and recommendations. Training will include effective personal hygiene; available preventative measures; steps to protect themselves, co-workers, and guests; and cleaning protocols and requirements throughout Ridgecrest.
- All guest groups will be required to check-in individuals at Pritchell where they will be required to sign an attendance waiver (Spanish) and have their temperature taken. Any guest who exhibits symptoms of COVID-19 or has a temperature over 100 degrees Fahrenheit will be asked to return home immediately and will not be allowed to remain at Ridgecrest.
- Groups will not be allowed to do their own check-ins during this time.
- Social distancing efforts will be encouraged and staff will provide guidance during peak check-in times.
- Where possible, physical barriers will be used for proper social distancing.
- Staff will sanitize their hands before and after each guest transaction.
- Upon arrival, if a guest does not have a face covering, one will be made available as supplies allow.
- Sanitize the ATM at each shift.
- Sanitize each pen after use.
- Sanitize all key cards after each guest
- When you check out, please leave your key card in your room. If you have questions, please text or call 828.539.1880
- Physical distancing indicators will be placed on the floor at key areas to help attendees maintain appropriate distancing.
- Informational signage will be posted to communicate recommendations and guidelines. Signage topics will include, but not be limited to, preventative steps to protect oneself and others, symptoms of COVID-19, social distancing best practices, and other relevant travel and health alerts.
- Additional sanitizing stations have been added throughout the property in public areas.
- Where practical, doors will be left open to limit touch.
- Where practical, furniture will be positioned to allow for social distancing.
- House phones will be temporarily removed from public areas.
- Ridgecrest will not operate a guest shuttle.
- OPEN: Hiking trails – Mini golf – Tennis – Disc golf – Prayer garden – Fire rings (reservation required – additional fee) – Outdoor Spaces – Fitness Room – Gym (25 guests) – Fellowship Rooms
- CLOSED: Adventure High Challenge Course – Zip Line – Climbing Tower – Laser Tag – Campus Shuttle
- Housekeepers will provide limited in-room service (trash removal, towel replacement) only when room is not occupied.
- For requested items, housekeeping attendants will deliver with a contactless procedure. Staff will leave the item(s) outside the door, knock to alert the guest, and then depart.
- In the event additional clean linens are needed, text 828.539.1880. A bag with the requested items will be delivered and left outside the door of the guest room.
- Housekeeping staff will use a clean cloth in each room to sanitize.
- Extra linens and pillows normally placed in guest room closets will be removed and only provided upon request.
- Luggage Carts will have wipes available for guests to wipe down after each use.
- Increased sanitizing of high touch surfaces in the following areas will be implemented: Door handles – Safety latches – Surface tops such as desks, countertops, tables and chairs – Telephones – Alarm clocks – Thermostats/PTAC Controls – Lamps and light switches – Bathroom vanities, fixtures and faucet handles – Hairdryers – Drapery pull handles and window latches – Mirrors – Closet handles and closet accessories, such as hangers, iron and ironing board, etc. – High touch areas in public lobbies
- Technicians will only sit with groups in Spilman Auditorium where appropriate social distancing can be maintained.
- If a group requires technical support during their event, our team will do their best to handle requests while wearing masks and properly social distancing.
- Meeting room and auditorium seating will be arranged in such a way to provide proper social distancing.
- Meeting room tables and chairs and auditorium seating will be sanitized daily.
- Limited set-up options available including theater and classroom styles only.
- Audiovisual equipment will be cleaned and sanitized daily.
- Microphone usage outside of Spilman will be limited to handheld microphones and wipes will be provided for groups to sanitize between use.
- Cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting procedures and protective measures will be modeled after CDC guidelines.
- Where appropriate, sneeze guards or physical barriers will be used. All service equipment, common surfaces, and high-touch areas will be frequently sanitized.
- Food preparation stations will be sanitized before and after each use.
- Dining room tables and chairs will be sanitized after each guest use.
- Dining room capacities will be reduced to comply with local ordinances and guidelines.
- Dining room tables will be placed a minimum of six feet apart. Seating capacity per table will also be reduced.
- Dining room will be using single serve disposable serving ware.
- When practical, all condiments will be single-use and individually wrapped (e.g., salt and pepper packets, etc.).
- All self-serve food and beverage items will be replaced temporarily with the following: – Individually boxed meals and other individually pre-portioned pre-packaged items.
- All items will be pre-packaged grab and go
- Beverages available will be canned or bottled
- Clouds Coffee Shop will be open on a limited schedule based on occupancy. Text outlets to 828-539-1880 for hours of operation.
Need More Information?
For more information about Ridgecrest, contact us today!