Ridgecrest Family Getaways
Life in 2020 is just different. Once it became clear that our traditional camper summer would not be possible, our goal has been to provide an experience that allows as many families to be here as possible. Escape to the mountains. Create new memories. Go home refreshed. We’re excited to announce FAMILY GETAWAYS for the first time ever.
Imagine an all-inclusive experience, where you spend your summer days playing on Lake Ridgecrest, lounging at the Crestridge pool, taking a family horseback ride, trying out the Trap Shooting range, going to Canteen (snack-shop), having every meal provided for you, all while our team sets your family up for the best family vacation you’ve ever been on!
June 17 – August 2, 2020 You choose your location and the number of days. There is a 3-night minimum, but you can come for 3 nights or 2 weeks!
WHERE WOULD WE STAY?
You have 3 incredible options!
- Camp Ridgecrest for Boys (camper cabin sharing a gender-specific bathhouse with 5 other cabins*) – $399/night includes all activities and 3 meals a day for up to 4 people – extra person(s) will be $75/day (no linens or pillow provided)
- Camp Crestridge for Girls (camper cabin with bathrooms in the cabin*) – $499/night includes all activities and 3 meals a day for up to 4 people – extra person(s) will be $75/day (no linens or pillow provided)
- Ridgecrest Conference Center (deluxe hotel room accommodations*) – $399/night includes all activities and 3 meals a day for up to 4 people – extra person(s) will be $75/day (linens provided in this option)
If more than 4 people in the family:
– 0-5 years old – no extra charge
– 6-11 years old – $50/night
– 12 and older – $75/night
If you book for 6 nights, the 7th night is free!
*Minister discounts do not apply for all-inclusive family getaways.
You choose your location and the number of days. There is a 3-night minimum, but you can come for 3 nights or 2 weeks!
- Check-in Time: 3 PM to get into your room/cabin (but you can come earlier and participate in activities if you let us know ahead of time)
- Check-out Time: 11 AM to be out of your room/cabin (but you can stay longer during the day if you let us know ahead of time)
Everything at the Family Getaway is optional. You can enjoy camp at your own pace and partake in as much, or as little, of the program as your family desires. While some program details are a surprise, here is what you can expect a day at Camp to look like this summer:
- Hot breakfast and coffee served on-site each morning. On-site gourmet coffee shop. Or try our private family breakfast cooked for you over an open fire by “real cowboys.”
- Morning Watch devotion times around camp with guided materials for your family
- Open Camp (free-time activities) for most of the morning with activities like swimming in the lake or our mountain view pool, archery, riflery, canoeing, paddleboarding, kayaking, zip line, ax throwing, trap shooting, the Giant Swing, frisbee golf, The Blob, Swingshot (custom waterfront activities) and Glacier, fishing, plus much more open for you.
- Multiple lunch options across our three properties
- Open Camp (free-time activities) for the afternoon, just like the morning but with some additional options around Ridgecrest, Crestridge and Conference Center properties, including horseback rides, training puppies, laser tag, high ropes course, rock climbing, putt-putt, and fire building classes.
- You will also have the option of “camp excursions” such as family portraits, puppy wake-up, parent date night (we’ll watch your kids), and private tent camping (set up for you).
- Your choice of dinner meal options include a gourmet dinner from Chef Mike, a cookout by the lake, or the freedom to explore Asheville’s restaurant scene.
- Themed evening activities with different options offered at each property. Activities include but are not limited to Family Luau by the pool, Camp Wide games designed for family fun, Family Raft Races, Bonfires and smores by the Lake.
- Enjoy outdoor movies, guided sunset hikes, late-night blobbing and waterslides after the sun goes down! Or simply relax in our rocking chairs by the lake sharing stories about your day.
We will follow all NC and Buncombe County guidelines while you are here. Social distancing guidelines will be in effect. Each family should take the proper precautions of physical distancing when interacting with other families. We would encourage you to do a week of temperature checks on all family members before arrival. Please bring your own masks for each individual to wear as required. We will have multiple cleanings of bathhouses, common bathrooms, and other common areas each day. Supplies and equipment used during camp activities will be cleaned on a regular basis. Cabins and hotel rooms will not be cleaned while occupied. Families will not be able to share cabins/hotel rooms.
Supervision: All children must be accompanied by or within proximity of a parent for any of our activities.
Our attendance guidelines include people related to one another by marriage (the uniting of one man and one woman in covenant commitment), blood, or adoption. And yes, this includes single-parent families! Please do not bring your children’s friends from home with you. They must be accompanied by their parent.
A packing list will be provided in the coming days!
While subject to change and not an exhaustive list, some of the options we plan to have during Open Camp this summer include: Blob, zip line, slide, canoes, crafts, ceramics, horseback, puppies, goats, archery, climbing wall, Giant Swing, Leap of Faith, Crestridge pool, Swingshot, riflery, trap shooting, ax throwing, the Glacier, mountain biking, frisbee golf and more! In addition to all these options, each afternoon and evening we’ll be offering additional games, themed nights and outdoor movies.
Deposit & Cancellation Policy
A non-refundable deposit of one night’s stay is required. The rest of your balance will be charged a week out. If you cancel a week out, you will only lose your deposit.
Food & Beverage Policy
No alcohol is allowed on our properties. No food can be kept in camper cabins, due to active wildlife in the area. If you have special food items to bring, we can keep them for you in our kitchen and/or office areas and you can access them as needed. Please leave your pets at home as well.
Medical Personnel On-Site
We will have licensed medical personnel on property to handle basic needs during your stay.
Family Getaways FAQs
Click here for Family Getaways FAQs.